Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
Manuscripts of research articles, essays, review essays, and field notes must include
1) a title page;
2) an abstract (250–300 words) and keywords (in English and, if possible, in Russian);
3) the body of the article;
5) a list of references, used in the manuscript, with sources in Cyrillic transliterated into Latin characters according to the guidelines of the Library of Congress of the United States but omitting the "connection tie" [ ⁀ ] wherever it is used;
6) a list of interviews or other sources (e.g., archives) - if appropriate;
7) tables and illustrations - if appropriate.
Book reviews submissions need only include the text and a minimal list of references (sources in Cyrillic need to be transliterated only if the book review is in English).
- Research articles and review essays should normally not exceed 9,000 words including footnotes but excluding references. Essays may be around 7,000 words, field notes up to 4,000–5,000 words long, and book reviews should average 1,700 words. Book reviews should be sent to the editor of the book reviews section Tatiana Voronina.
- All copy must be typed in a common font (for example, Times New Roman) of 12-point size, except for footnotes, block quotes, and captions to tables, figures, and so on, which should be in 10-point size. All text, including footnotes and references, should be at, at least, 1.5-line spacing.
- All research article submissions are anonymized, with all information potentially identifying authors removed from the main body of the manuscripts. Submissions in other genres do not need to be anonymized as they do not undergo peer review.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.